Witnessed by the Chinese President Xi Jinping and Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, the China-Singapore International Joint Research Institute is an important international research translation platform. The institute is located in Guangzhou Knowledge City, home to many world-class resources for the international collaboration.
The South China University of Technology (SCUT) is a world leading research-intensive public university in China. Its three campuses are located in the city of Guangzhou, a thriving metropolis in Southern China, covering a total area of 391 hectares.
II. Research Areas
Our post-doctoral fellows will be working with Prof. Hu’s team specializing on pavement engineering, focus on researching novel asphalt mixtures containing new additives, smart materials in pavements and new maintenance technology.
III. Qualifications and Requirements
· Applicants should have either conferred a PhD degree no more than 3 years prior to application (Civil Engineering, Materials Sciences, Chemistry, 3D Radar or related subjects) or have passed the PhD oral defenses and are waiting for the certificate;
· Preferably under the age of 35;
· Strong research skills, have obtained good academic achievement in relevant fields, and are able to conduct research independently;
· Excellent English communication skill both verbal and written;
· Great communication skills and a team player;
· High impact publications as first author is preferred (including Journal Publications and/or Conference talks);
· Knowledge in bitumen chemistry or pavement engineering is desirable.
IV. Salary and Benefits
· Annual salary: 260,000-320,000CNY before tax depending on qualifications;
· Housing: housing subsidy is available or a flat will be provided;
· Upon the completion of their fellowship, fellows can apply to fill job vacancies at CSIJRI, and offers will be given to applicants as seem fit;
· CSIJRI encourages post-doctoral fellows to apply for various research projects and science foundations in accordance with relevant national, provincial and municipal provisions.
V. Contact Information
Kindly submit your application materials (cover letter, CV and certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WeChat: scutrecruit2021
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or WeChat.